perjantai 15. maaliskuuta 2013

Swiper no swiping my sleep!



I officially hate Dora, and I officially hate iCarly. I can't finish my morning coffee without annoyedly replying to silly questions. I admit, there is a valid theory of teaching a new language to a kid, but it still bugs me greatly.

Yes, I have a preschooler and an older elementary kid in the house. Yes, they are both boys. Yes, they love Dora and iCarly. No, I don't love either (shows, I do love the boys... usually).

My younger one woke up in the middle of the night in terror screaming "Swiper no Swiping!". Needless to say I was not happy about this interruption of my precious sleep and took my annoyance out on poor Swiper. I have done my share of waking up in the middle of the night. In my book, if you don't have a baby in the house, you're supposed to get full night sleep. I rarely do, and when I don't get my sleep because of Swiper swiping, I get horribly cranky.

I know most of the theme songs of the kiddo shows by heart, not willingly. They just simply stick with me  for years and years. Sometimes I still sing Bob the Builder theme just because it was a big hit back when my older one was a toddler. Does anyone remember Schnappi? If not, please feel free to youtube the theme song and prepare to sing it for weeks.

... Luckily I'm not the only one who has to suffer through these theme songs. The guys in our little rock band get their fair share of theme song pain when I warm up my voice by singing Imagination Movers. I do it just for revenge, and love every moment of it.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti