perjantai 8. maaliskuuta 2013

Happy International Women's Day!

So my impossible husband let me sleep in this morning - in our house it means sleeping till 8 am. And to all you wild and free single women, sleeping till 8 am is actually a big deal when you live with two monsters and a man who is more interested in his 5k personal record than in your boobs.

"Happy Women's Day, woman", said the impossible husband and made me chicken noodle soup for breakfast before leaving to the office. Granted, I did demand a fancy breakfast in bed since it is the International Women's Day - did you honestly think he got the idea of breakfast himself? Obviously chicken ramen noodles were the only thing in our pantry today. I didn't complain though.

Women, in general, are quite fascinating. We have breasts, which are neat and can feed another new life. We have period, which is not neat and makes us horribly cranky. A male friend once told me PMS is called PMS because mad cow disease was already taken. Yes, I did slap him for it. We also have amazing talent to logically twist every word around and make every situation seem like the guys fault. That is probably why we actually secretly run this world and we use the talent often. We love overthinking and drama, but say we don't do drama, so we wouldn't seem childish or clingy. We are no nonsense ladies when it comes to anything threatning our children, but if something threats our husbands we think they're wussies if they need our help to defend themselves. We want the guys to be the Men - provide, take care of us, fix the car and the forever leaking dishwasher, but at the same time we expect them to be loving and gentle, romantic and soft... everywhere else besides in bed. I'm starting to think us women are truly too demanding w(b)itches.

Studies and discussions of equality at home always get a lot of media attention. Gender roles get twisted and turned upside down and people seem to try to find the ultimate balance between mothers and fathers, men and women. Still, the dads who stay at home with the kids are superheros and somehow magnificent fathers. When I see a stay at home mom or a mom who returns to work soon after a baby is born openly praised for their decision in the media, maybe then I can advice the rest of the women to let go of their guilt. Cause let's face it, being a woman means feeling guilty of everything. Not least because of the social pressure.

2 kommenttia:

  1. I feel like a failure as a woman- it wasn't until sitting down to read blogs tonight that I even knew it was International Women's Day. 2.0 bought me a Diet Pepsi at the kids' basketball game, though, so I suppose that's my celebration.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Man, I should have required pepsi with my noodles!

    VastaaPoista